Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bookmark 
HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RSS  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Munchkin Land (Eau Claire, MI)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michigan G Hunters
Admin
Michigan G Hunters

Munchkin Land (Eau Claire, MI) Empty
PostSubject: Munchkin Land (Eau Claire, MI)   Munchkin Land (Eau Claire, MI) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Located on Brush Creek Road. In the cemetery by the church you can hear whispers of girls.

"Frost Cemetery/Munchkin land There is an old church on the T of Brush Lake Rd. and Frost. It`s surrounded by an old cemetery. The church and it`s grounds are said to be haunted by a child who was killed inside of the church by the pastor. If you drive by there is also a head stone that glows green. You can here giggling from insides the cemetery late at night. And you will sometimes see figures hiding among the stone.

A small piece of history on Franklin Chapel:

"The church was organized by members of the United Brethren denomination in1854, a year before the church building was constructed. In 1880, services were held every two weeks by a circuit rider, Rev. J.H. Pattee.

The church was likely constructed by the builder of Union Church at Pokagon Highway and M-140 and Morris Chapel on Pucker Street. All three churches are similar in style and size and are located within a five-mile radius"

This was taken from a Herald Palladium article on the restoration efforts on the chruch throughout the summer of 2007. There are future plans to also expand the cemetery. The hope is for the church to be used for weddings and funerals in the near future.

There is very little known on the spirits haunting this cemetery. Most of the tales I have heard have mentioned a priest who killed at least 2 children in the cemetery and then hung himself from the bell tower. I have been unable to confirm the legitimicy of of these claims. My friend describes seeing a young girl there one night. If she was murdered here I have no idea, this story requires further research into local history. It should be mentioned that the Hearld Palladium article quoted above mentions nothing of the supposed spirit activity or of the gruesome events that supposedly occured there.-SwMIhunter"

More

More
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/michiganghunters586

Munchkin Land (Eau Claire, MI)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Legends :: Local Michigan-
Jump to: